Thursday, January 29, 2009

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)

In the vacation shuffle I must have missed the Japanese trailer for Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. I should just take the oversight as a blessing, but it’s some sort of sign that I’ll never be able to honor my New Year’s resolution, which was to not post anything about the awful Street Fighter movie.

Since I don’t speak Japanese, I’m not entirely sure what the overexcited voice over guy is trying to tell us. I hope it’s a subliminal explanation of why they decided to make another movie based on the 20-year-old Street Fighter video game series.

Or maybe he’s narrating the unnecessary flips and spins the characters are performing. “Look there’s a guard. Jump and… Back Flip Kick! There are some guys in the alley, leap, and Kick off the wall! Vega needs to get on a building, so he jumps and Side Spins!

Source: NewsInFilm.com

How It Fared:
Budget: $50M
Box Office: $12M

The Audience Speaks:
IMDB Rating: 4.0/10
Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 30/100
Metacritic Rating: 17/100
Overall: F

No comments:

Post a Comment